Honey Hunting in Nepal
- 7 Days
- Maximum Allowed Per Booking: 15
Exciting honey hunting tours in the beautiful Nepal Himalayas. Honey hunting is an age-old tradition in Nepal, and local honey hunters demonstrate their exceptional skills and bravery by hanging from cliffs as high as 300 meters using bamboo ladders and hemp ropes to harvest honeycombs. These skilled individuals put their lives on the line every day to earn a living, and tourists can witness this tradition and experience the culture of the local people while trekking in the Himalayan foothills.
Twice a year, teams of men gather around the cliffs in central Nepal that are home to the world’s largest honeybee, Apis laborious. These men come to harvest the Himalayan cliff bee’s honey using ancient techniques that have been passed down for generations. The trekking routes to and from the honey bee hives offer breathtaking views of the Nepali landscape and wildlife, allowing visitors to take in the beauty and magnificence of the region.
The most popular destinations for honey hunting in Nepal are located in Bhujung, Nai Chi, Pasgaon, Naya Gaun, Ludhi, Lamjung and Dare. Tourists will be amazed at the speed and courage of the honey hunters, who risk their lives to earn a living, and will appreciate the ancient techniques still in use today. If you’re looking for an adrenaline-pumped adventure and the opportunity to experience traditional culture, consider joining Across Himalaya on a honey hunting tour in the Nepal Himalayas.
Day 01: Arrive in Kathmandu, and transfer to the hotel.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Besishahar, 5–6 hrs.
Day 03: Drive or trek from Besishahar to Ghale Gaun (1800m) (4 to 5 hours of walking).
Day 04: Planning and exploration for honey hunting.
Day 05: Mad Honey hunting day.
Day 06: Explore the Annapurna range before returning to Besishahar.
Day 07: Drive back to Kathmandu early in the morning.
- Airport pick up and drop upon arrival and departure
- Meals three times during the tour (breakfast, lunch, and dinner)
- Hiking guide, honey hunter expert with honey hunting crews
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and all Government Taxes
- Local transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the tour by Bus/Jeep, private transportation on clients requirement and budget.
- Personal travel insurance and emergency evacuation cost
- Foods self lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal expenses-laundry, Telephone, Tea/coffee, alcoholic beverages, tips for guide
- Extra cost for if in case tour effected by natural calamities
- Personal equipment for the tour
Book This Trip
Have a question in mind
Looking for more info? Send a question to the tour agent to find out more.