Terms & Conditions
Summit Treks and Adventure (P.) Ltd. has promulgated its terms and conditions for all its trips – trekking, mountaineering, hiking, rafting, wildlife safaris, mountain biking – and any other services operated by the company.
Before completing the registration form and signing the declaration, please read these terms & conditions carefully. They set out your agreement with Summit Treks and Adventure and contain important information.
- At the time of booking and completing your form a non-refundable deposit of $US 350 per person is payable. The balance of the trip is to be paid in full at least 40 days prior to departure. At least 2 weeks prior to departure, we require the booking form and a photocopy of your passport, so we can start processing all the logistics.
- Reservations can be accepted as late as 2 weeks before departure but full payment must accompany the booking form. Earlier bookings are strongly advised.
Summit Treks and Adventure operates trips in regions where standards of accommodation, transport, safety, hygiene, food, medical facilities, and other infrastructure may be lower than those you normally expect. Please keep in mind that Nepal is a developing country.
Traveling with Summit Treks and Adventure requires a certain measure of flexibility, good humor, and an understanding that the itinerary, accommodation, and modes of transport may be changed without notice, due to circumstances beyond Summit Treks and Adventure’s control. By signing the Booking form you agree to Summit Treks and Adventure making such necessary changes without liability.
ACTS OF GOD POLICIES
In the areas that Summit Treks and Adventure serves, flights and other transportation may be delayed or canceled for your safety. This could be for reasons such as dangerous flying weather, dangerous trekking/climbing conditions (e.g. having to wait out a storm on one of the legs of our trip or on an assent), civil strife, or other unforeseen events. In these events, the following standard “Force Majeure” or “Act of God” policies apply. These policies are standard in the industry and you will find that all agencies like ours have them.
- In the event of flights, or any other transport methods that are canceled or delayed due to weather, landslides, civil strife, other acts of god, or any circumstances beyond our control, clients are 100% responsible for the additional accommodations, transport, meals, or other expenses that result from such unexpected delays at the location where we must wait.
- Additionally, there are no refunds for any lost reservations at accommodations, or facilities, at the destination location.
- Summit Treks and Adventure covers only the lost staff wages (e.g. porters waiting on the other end) from such delays beyond our control.
- This is one reason we strongly recommend that our clients purchase recommended travel insurance, as described below.
LIABILITY & RESPONSIBILITIES
Where Summit Treks and Adventure provides a service it will do so with due care and skill. Summit Treks and Adventure is not responsible for the acts and omissions of others, including airlines, accommodation providers nor are we responsible for any loss, damage or expense (including loss of money paid in advance) which you may incur as a consequence of the acts and omissions of others. Summit Treks and Adventure will not accept responsibility or liability for any passenger who contravenes any law or regulation of any country visited within the confines of the trip. Any independent arrangements that you make are entirely at your own risk.
‘Force Majeure’ means any event which Summit Treks and Adventure could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid. Force Majeure covers events such as war or the threat of war, riot, civil strife, terrorist activity, industrial disputes, disease, industrial or nuclear disaster, adverse weather conditions, fire and any other similar events which are beyond our control. In the case of Force Majeure, Summit Treks and Adventure will not accept liability, and reserves the right to change and cancel trips at their discretion.
CANCELLATION COSTS INCURRED BY CLIENT
Cancellation by the participant:
More than 40 days before departure Full refund less deposit
25-40 days before departure Refund of 50% of total trip cost
15-24 days before departure Refund of 25% of total trip cost
Within 14 days of departure No refund
- No refunds will be made for any unused services, accommodation etc once the trip has started.
- If a client decides to leave a trip before its completion, no refund will be given for the unused portion of the trip.
- If a client wishes to extend the duration of a trip after the trip has started, this may be possible but payment will need to be made prior to this taking place.
- In Kathmandu, Summit Treks and Adventure’s clients will be accommodated at the International Guest house or similar Hotel. During the trip clients are required to stay at the hotel or lodge chosen by Summit Treks and Adventure. If a client wishes to stay elsewhere, they will have to bear the cost of accommodation and food in the alternative lodge/hotel themselves.
- If a client prefers to stay in a different hotel in Kathmandu this could be possible but it would have to be negotiated when the booking and final payment is made.
In the event of Summit Treks and Adventure cancelling a trip as a result of a Force Majeure, or government travel advice clients will be offered alternative arrangements. If you agree to the alternative, and the price of the alternative booking is less than the original booking, we will refund the difference. If you do not accept alternative arrangements, we will refund all payments (less transaction fees). However, Summit Treks and Adventure will not be liable for any additional costs incurred by you.
TRIP COST & INCLUSIONS
All rates for trips in Nepal are quoted for a single person on a double occupancy basis. Trips require a minimum of 2 people to operate. Prices include internal transportation, porters, guides, accommodation and all meals whilst on the trek. Prices quoted also include accommodation and breakfast at the International guest house or Tibet Guest house in Kathmandu, airport transfers, a half day sightseeing tour, and the Summit Treks and Adventure trek pack. (Down sleeping bags + inner sheet. Down jackets. Kit bags. Trekking Map for all trips and additional Ice Axe, Crampon, Harness, Carabineers, Prussic loops for climbing trips) The rates quoted on our website are based on costs and exchange rates at the time of last site update. They are also reviewed in June each year. Summit Treks and Adventure Treks reserves the right to adjust these prices should unforeseen fluctuations in exchange rates and economy (etc) necessitate this. To guarantee the price will not change after a booking is made, early payment is an option.
If you have any complaint that cannot be dealt with immediately with your tour leader, or you are not satisfied with the response, please notify us in writing within 10 days of the completion of your trip. We will do our best to resolve the problem.
Insurance is compulsory on all Summit Treks and Adventure trips. Your policy must cover accidents, medical expenses, and emergency evacuation including helicopter rescue, air ambulance, and personal liability. Summit Treks and Adventure also recommends your insurance policy covers cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects. You are required to carry proof of insurance with you, and to produce it if requested by Summit Treks and Adventure’s employees. For our climbing and mountaineering trips, you must be covered for mountaineering activities (use of ropes and ice axe, etc). Please note that most standard travel insurance policies DO NOT cover you for mountaineering activities. We can recommend an international company that does cover mountaineering.
There maybe some rare situations (multi-day airplane delays due to dangerous weather, road blockage due to landside or other impassable conditions), where a client may opt for a expensive, but more immediate return to Kathmandu by helicopter. This also includes situations where a client opts for a helicopter trip in order to return home early due to an emergency or due to a health issue that may arise during the trip. In any of these cases, the expense of any helicopter flight is the sole responsibility of the client, but Kathamdnu Adventure will work hard to help find such alternative transportation.
HEALTH & MEDICAL CONDITIONS
Anyone who is in good health and mentally prepared can take part in our treks. Some treks however are more strenuous and entail many days at higher altitudes. Please read the trip notes carefully and pay heed to the trip grades. Contact Summit Treks and Adventure for advice in order to make a suitable trek selection.
It is your responsibility to advise Summit Treks and Adventure of any pre-existing medical conditions and health concerns that may increase the risk of you requiring medical attention whilst trekking. Space is provided on the booking form to do this. In some cases, Summit Treks and Adventure may request you provide medical clearance from your doctor before accepting your booking. You are also advised to visit your Doctor (and Dentist) before traveling and to adhere to current vaccination recommendations.
How To Book
Please make contact with Summit Treks and Adventure Treks first either by email, telephone, or post, to check that the trip you have selected is running and confirm dates & cost, etc. Email is the preferred mode of contact.
Please read the Booking Information carefully
We will need applications for every person too. We now have an online process which makes it quite easy – go here Online Booking Form
When you are ready to book:
- Obtain the booking form.
- Make your deposit of $US 330 per person using the banking details below.
- If it is already within 40 days of trip departure, please pay the full trip cost.
- Fill out and send us the booking form (email or post).
- Include the bank transaction reference of the money you have paid.
- You will receive (by email) a receipt and invoice for any outstanding balance.
- Pay the balance in the same way at least 40 days prior to departure.
- Email us the date and transaction details.
- Also, email us a photocopy of your passport.
You will receive (by email) a receipt for this payment, plus a copy of the detailed itinerary notes for the trek you have to fill in all the details then fax it to us at our facsimile (977-1-4414640 / 9841 200768 ) or send by passport photocopy of either your passport or ID card of the credit card holder. In addition to this, please photocopy both sides of the credit card you are using and fax this to us too. Please note there is an extra 3.5% levy for credit card payments.