Everest Base Camp via Tibet
- 10 Days
- Maximum Capacity: 20
The trip starts with a drive from Kathmandu through the Friendship Bridge. After completion of the immigration formalities at Zhangmu we drive to Nyalam, the first night. The next day we continued the drive to Old Tingri and started trekking to North Everest Base Camp. The trek will follow the historic expedition route from Old Tingri to Rongbuk crossing over the Langma La pass-16,900 feet. Following the route to North Everest Base Camp, you will have enough time to explore the Rongbuk glacier below the massive north face of Mt. Everest. After having magnificent views of the world’s highest mountain scenery you will be back in Kathmandu. The trek portion will be supported by an expert Nepalese Sherpa team. Our professional chef will prepare all meals and other field staff will take care of camping and transport the supplies (camping /kitchen materials and luggage) for which we use yaks and/or trucks.
Tibet a place for the traveler to cast away any preconceptions you may have and join in the journey of discovery along the way… at least for a while. We have designed several tours to suit of interests although we are always open to creating new ideas and respect your suggestions.
Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Kodari (6 hr.) after immigration formalities in Zhangmu-2300m, continue drive to Nyalam-3450m and O/N at Guest house.
Day 02: Drive from Nyalam to Old Tingri and overnight at camp.
Day 03-08: On Trek.
Day 09: Drive to Zhangmu and O/N at Hotel.
Day 10: Exit to Nepal and drive to Kathmandu.
- Airport transfers
- Twin sharing accommodations in tourist standard hotels including breakfast
- Travel permits and visa fee
- Monastery entrance fee
- Meals 3 times a day during the trek
- Accommodation in 2 men tent and porters during the trekking period
- Transportation by Land cruiser and supporting truck.
- Urgent visa fee
- Nepal re-entry visa fee
- Photography charges
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, alcoholic beverages, bottled drinks (including cold drinks and mineral water), tips, gifts, souvenirs, etc.
- Insurance of any kind, including travel/medical insurance and emergency evacuation costs.
Book This Trip
Have a question in mind
Looking for more info? Send a question to the tour agent to find out more.